Looking for a smoothie that combines both fruits and vegetables and still tastes delicious? Look no further! This recipe includes a full cup of spinach, making it high in iron, and includes several sprigs of brightly-flavored cilantro for a good dose of polyphenols. These flavors are balanced by the honey-sweetness of pear and the tanginess of pineapple, both of which are high in fiber and minerals. Add potassium-rich coconut water as a base, and you’ve created the perfect green smoothie. Recipe developed by Hilary Finch Hutler.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 ripe USA Pear, such as Anjou or Green Bartlett, cored and cut into large chunks
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cubed pineapple
- 1 packed cup (250 mL) spinach
- 10-12 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 cup (250 mL) coconut water
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and puree at high speed until smooth.
This recipe is provided thanks to USA Pears.