A modern way to eat dinner, snack boards cater to varying tastes and dietary restrictions, feature various delicious and healthy foods and make an easy weeknight dinner idea!
Tips for Building the “Pearfect” Snack Board Supper:
1) Cut pears and veggies into sticks and spears for easy dipping.
2) Mix cooked and raw pears and veggies for interesting flavor and texture.
3) Include a mix of pears, veggies, protein, and dairy to make a complete meal.
4) Consider this an easy way to create a vegetarian feast.
5) Use crunchy and creamy accoutrements for great texture play.
6) Buy some store-bought items like dips, cheese, meats, and olives for easy meal prep.
7) Choose healthy proteins like smoked salmon, roasted turkey breast, and hummus.
8) Use seasonal vegetables and accompaniments for the freshest taste.
9) Mix salty, sweet, and tart flavors to complement the flavor of pears.
Board 1: Family Feast—A mix of kid-friendly and parent-pleasing meats, cheese, fruit and vegetables.
- Pear Butter
- Fresh Starkrimson or Red Anjou Pear Slices
- Smoked Gouda Cheese
- Roasted Turkey Slices
- Sliced Salami
- Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Celery Sticks
- Colorful Carrot Spears
- Mixed Nuts
Board 2: Smorgasbord Supper—A European-inspired combination featuring smoked salmon, fruit, vegetables, and accoutrements.
- Pickled Bosc Pears
- Fresh Green Bartlett Pear Slices
- Smoked Salmon
- Créme Frâiche
- Soft-boiled Eggs
- Roasted Winter Squash
- Belgian Endive
- Colorful Radishes
- Dill Sprigs
Board 3: Mezze Meal—A vegetarian assortment of crunchy, creamy, and flavor-packed plant-based foods.
- Pear Chips
- Fresh Green Anjou Pear Wedges
- Marinated White Beans
- Castelvetrano Olives
- Pita Wedges
- Sliced Cucumbers
- Sliced Candy-Striped Beets
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Roasted Sweet Peppers
Board ideas thanks to USA Pears. For full recipes: https://usapears.org/articles/pear-snack-board-suppers-are-the-next-big-thing/