Walnuts and pears shine in this simple delicious salad that is easy to make and sure to please!
- Citrusy Dressing
- 1 very ripe or overripe USA Anjou or Bartlett Pear, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mandarin orange juice squeezed from mandarins
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, or olive oil
- 1 5 oz bag of baby spinach
- 1 large, perfectly ripe USA Green Anjou Pear
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, divided
- To make the dressing: Combine the pear, mandarin juice, vinegar, ginger, salt, and pepper in a blender and process until smooth. Add the sesame oil and blend to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Use immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
- In a large bowl, place baby spinach. Add thinly sliced pears, ¼ cup of walnuts with 4 tablespoons of the dressing, and toss to coat. Taste and adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper, as needed.
- To plate, serve to small plates and sprinkle remaining walnuts on top.
Head to https://usapears.org/ for more recipes featuring pears!