This plum bruschetta with blue cheese is the perfect summer appetizer. The saltiness of the prosciutto with the sweetness of the balsamic vinegar complements the tangy blue cheese and ripe plums. Add roasted walnut for crunchiness and your friends and family won’t be able to resist!
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 plums, thinly sliced
- 50 g (1.75 oz) prosciutto
- 100 g (3.5 oz) blue cheese
- 5 mL (1 tsp) balsamic vinegar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) honey
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) walnuts in pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the baguette slices on two large baking sheet. Add the walnuts on the baking sheet. Drizzle 30 ml of olive on slices. Toast in the oven for about 8-10 minutes or until light browned. Let cool at room temperature.
- Meanwhile place the prosciutto in a large non-stick pan. Cook on medium-high for 4 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat and let rest at room temperature. Once cool cut in small pieces.
- In a small bowl mix the balsamic vinegar and honey. Add the slices of plums. Mix well.
- When ready to serve, spread about 2 teaspoons of blue cheese on each slices of baguette. Top with a small piece of prosciutto. Place 1 to 2 slices of plums on top. Garnish with walnuts pieces. Serve immediately.
Hélène Péloquin from La Cuisine d’Hélène is passionate about food, global travel and photography. She is a mom of three and her kitchen is where she spends most of her time. She has a sweet tooth, loves to bake, and gets rave reviews from friends and family. She also volunteers at the local food bank.