Have you ever thought about poaching apples? It is a quick and simple way to serve an elevated, apple-licious dessert.
Serves Serves 40
- 3-4 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 inch piece of ginger, sliced
- 4 golden delicious apples, peeled, halved & cored
- ⅓ cup toasted & chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds or pecans)
- Vanilla Coconut Cream
- 1 can coconut cream (or full fat coconut milk), refrigerated overnight
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp sugar
- Add apple cider, cinnamon stick and ginger to a large pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling add the apples to the pot, cover and cook for 8 minutes over medium heat.
- While the apples are poaching, remove the can of coconut cream from the fridge. Scoop the hardened coconut cream from the can (save the liquid for another use) and place in a large bowl. Add the vanilla and sugar to the bowl and whip with a hand blender until creamy and fluffy.
- When the apples are finished cooking, use a slotted spoon to transfer 2 apple halves to each dessert bowl. Spoon vanilla coconut cream over the apples, top with toasted nuts and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon. Serve Immediately.
- Notes: The coconut cream doesn’t stay fluffy once it’s been whipped, it will melt back into a liquid at room temperature and harden in the fridge. This recipe is best made and served right away.
Recipe by our partner Jillian