Pizza IN mushrooms or mushrooms ON pizza – which would you choose? Both are delicious options using grilled Ontario mushrooms.
- 6 Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 cups Spinach
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese vegan if needed
- Olive Oil
- Prep your mushrooms by brushing clean, removing the stems and gently scraping out the dark/brown part to make room for stuffing. Place on a grill heated to 400 F and grill each side for 3-4 minutes, until they are browned.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to pan and add chopped garlic and spinach. Sautee until the spinach is wilted.
- Take the mushrooms off the grill. Take a paper towel and dab each of them to remove the liquid.
- Spoon pizza sauce into mushroom cups. Next, layer sauteed spinach and top with feta cheese.
- Place back onto the grill for 12 minutes.
Recipe by: Nicole Osinga