The best casseroles are full of texture, fresh herbs, and the right type of potatoes! Make this potato casserole with roasted potatoes, plenty of dill and chives, and add extra flavour with bacon and Parmesan cheese. Add a zing of flavour and brightness with the juice of a fresh lemon, and you’ll have a new favourite potato dish to bring to your next gathering!
10 minPrep Time
55 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 2 lb (900 g) Earth Fresh Roasting Potatoes diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) of butter
- 2 small onions chopped finely or one large Spanish
- 1 cup (250 mL) low fat mayo
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup (250 mL) bacon bits
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste (do not need to really add salt as there is salt in the bacon and parmesan cheese)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC) degrees.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange potatoes in a single layer and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- In a large non-stick fry pan over med/high heat sauté butter and onion until the onions start to caramelize (look opaque).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mayo, fresh dill, bacon bits, onion, chives, corn, and Parmesan cheese. Mix well and season with salt, pepper and fresh lemon juice.
- Add potatoes and mix well until coated. Transfer mixture to a greased 9x12 baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe by Chef D, sponsored by EarthFresh Foods
|Chef D, otherwise known as Darryl Fletcher is a regular guest on TV shows across Canada, sharing delicious recipes with an informative and approachable flair. He also is the host of his own tv shows, At Home with Chef D and Chefdtv.com.|