You can’t deny that pumpkin pie is one of the surefire signs it’s holiday season! Make this classic holiday pie at home with homemade pumpkin puree for the tastiest pumpkin pie!
- Pie crust
- 2 cups home made pumpkin puree
- ½ cup (125 mL) evaporated milk or whipping cream (35%)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup (85 mL) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour
- ¾ tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) ginger
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) nutmeg
- ½ tsp (5 mL) salt
- OPTION: ¾ cup (175 mL) 35% cream whipped with 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar for serving
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Roll out crust and transfer to pie pan. (A Pyrex glass pie pan is recommended but not mandatory.)
- With mixer on medium, mix pumpkin with all of the ingredients except for the optional cream for serving. Incorporate well but do not overbeat; this will reduce the chance for cracks in the pie after baking. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes in 400° oven, then reduce to 350° F for an additional 20-30 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.