• Rinse in cold water to remove outer dirt or grit. The leaves on the inside should be clean.
• Cut in half vertically and cut out the dense core of the radicchio in a V shape (on each side) and discard.
• Chop as desired to accommodate your recipe.
Radicchio is best served raw, roasted or grilled.
• To roast them, quarter them and lay on a large rimmed baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in a preheated oven at 400°F about 10-15 minutes on each side until tender.
• To grill them, quarter them and brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place wedges directly on grill. Grill for 5-10 minutes on each side (depending on how hot the fire is) until nicely charred and tender.
Freezing or boiling radicchio is not recommended.