Enjoy the flavours of fall in this beautiful raw salad featuring Ontario carrots. Can easily be served as a meal all on its own or as a delicious side dish!
- Salad Ingredients
- 4 Ontario carrots, medium, washed, peeled
- 1/4 purple cabbage, small
- 1 cup edamame, frozen and cooked per packet instructions
- Bunch of cilantro (40 g) with stems, washed and finely chopped
- Bunch of mint leaves (20 g), washed and finely chopped
- Dressing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, small, peeled
- 1 lemon, medium, juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, coarse
- Salad Instructions
- Begin by boiling the edamame according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, wash and prep all the vegetables and herbs. Make sure the herbs are dry before chopping.
- In a large bowl, grate the carrots and set aside. If using a food processor, use the "medium" grate plate for this.
- Slice the cabbage in four medium chunks. Add one chunk (1/4 cabbage) to a food processor and pulse 3-4 times. Be careful not to over-process. Wash the cabbage thoroughly and make sure it's dry.
- Combine the cabbage with carrots and add herbs. Use your hands to mix the ingredients. Place in the fridge and begin the dressing.
- Dressing Instructions
- In a small blender, add all the ingredients except black pepper.
- Blend until a creamy consistency is achieved.
- Stir in the black pepper and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until time to serve.
- When you're ready to serve, pour the dressing over the salad and mix to combine well.
Recipe developed for Produce Made Simple by Shahzadi Devje RD CDE MSc
Award-winning Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator