- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) carrots, trimmed (scrubbed or peeled)
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme, with leaves stripped
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary, rinsed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) clover honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice carrots on 45° angle, rolling ¼ turn after each slice, uniform thickness for even cooking.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a cast iron or heavy bottom sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, thyme and rosemary to pan, season with salt and pepper
- Roast until carrots are tender, caramelized and golden brown, check seasoning, remove rosemary.
- Drizzle with honey to finish
Developed by Chef Jonathan Collins
Chef Collins has cooked for Prime Minister’s, Presidents, Billionaires, Celebrities and Royalty! Since graduating Le Cordon Bleu, Jonathan has developed a signature style by blending North American, European and Asian influences with a French foundation and distinct Canadian identity, emphasizing fresh, local, seasonal ingredients. For Jonathan, it’s about fewer ingredients, simple recipes, better techniques, and a return to passionate, healthy and simple cooking.