Grilled fruit are a superb way to add irresistible juicy flavour to your salad. The charred flavour adds extra depth that caramelizes the natural sugars in peaches and nectarines. Make this roasted Chilean peach and nectarine salad as a lunch that will blow your tastebuds away!
Serves 1/6 of recipe
20 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 3 peaches, peeled, halved, pitted
- 3 nectarines, peeled, halved, pitted
- 1/2 (6 oz/170 g) package fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2‐inch cubes
- 2 cups (500 mL) arugula
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper 6 prosciutto slices
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200ºC). Combine butter, lemon juice, and honey in a small bowl. Microwave on HIGH 90 seconds or until butter is melted.
- Place peaches and nectarines in a baking dish; pour over butter mixture, tossing to coat. Arrange, cut sides down, in a single layer.
- Bake at 400˚ (200ºC) for 15 minutes, brushing with juices after 10 minutes. (If the juices begin to burn, add a little water and cover the pan loosely with foil.) Remove from oven, and turn peaches cut sides up. Place a cube of mozzarella cheese in center of each peach and nectarine half. Return to oven, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Reserve juices.
- Toss arugula with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange arugula on a serving platter, and top with prosciutto; top with peaches and nectarines. Drizzle peaches and nectarines with 1 to 2 tbsp reserved pan juices.
This recipe is kindly provided by our featured member, Fruits from Chile, from the Chilean Fresh Fruit Association.