This tasty recipe was developed by Ashley of Food is Life.
These potatoes are the perfect side dish to practically every meal! They are golden and crisp on the outside, meltingly tender on the inside, and roasted in a lemon-scented oil that’s sure to brighten up any cold weather meal.
- 1 1/2 lbs baby potatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Optional for garnish: 1 green onion (thinly sliced) and 2 sprigs fresh thyme (leaves removed)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash the potatoes and place them in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the oregano, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour in the olive oil, and toss the potatoes to make sure everything is evenly coated. Bake for 30 minutes, tossing the potatoes halfway through.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, and carefully place them on a plate. Using a fork, press down gently on each potato.
- Add the lemon juice to the olive oil mixture in the baking dish. Whisk it until the lemon juice is well incorporated into the olive oil. Add the potatoes and gently toss them in the lemon olive oil mixture.
- Drop the oven temperature down to 350 degrees, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter if desired and garnish with green onions and fresh thyme leaves. Serve at once.
This recipe makes fantastic leftovers. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days, and reheat in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Recipe by Ashley Tanner of Food is Life for Produce Made Simple.