Roasted Pineapple and sweet potato is a delicious side dish that is so simple to prepare. Roasting pineapple enhances its sweetness and is hearty with the addition of sweet potato.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed, about 2 1/2 cups
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 pineapple, cored and diced (smaller than in the photo), about 1 1/2 cups
- cilantro to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (205ºC).
- Toss sweet potato with half of the vegetable oil, then spread onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes then give the sweet potato a flip.
- Toss the pineapple with the remaining vegetable oil and add to the baking sheet after the sweet potato has been baking for 20 minutes, then bake for another 20 minutes.
- Check to see if there is caramelization—feel free to bake for another 10-15 minutes depending on how caramelized you like your pineapple.
- Serve with some cilantro.