Roasted Strawberry Smores will knock your socks off. This mix up on the traditional campfire favourite will have you wanting to sit around the fire with friends more often. Strawberries add a refreshing burst of flavour to this recipe, complementing the richness of the chocolate and the sweetness of the marshmallow.
- 1 pound California strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- ½ vanilla bean, seeds removed or
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Marshmallows, store-bought or homemade
- Graham Crackers
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. If you use a silicone mat, you can slide the berries off when they are done, right into your jar!
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, honey, and vanilla bean seeds (or vanilla extract). Transfer strawberry mixture to your lined baking sheet .
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, remove from oven, and allow berries to cool down to room temperature. Once cooled, transfer roasted berries to a glass jar.
- Roast marshmallows until golden and gooey. Place a piece of chocolate onto the graham cracker, top with gooey marshmallow, drizzle with roasted berries (at room temperature not chilled), and top with another graham cracker.
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, California Strawberries.