Adding the sweetness of fresh grapes is an easy way to amp up the interest in this simple salad!
Serves 2 as a main; 4 as a side dish
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cut into bite size chunks, yielding 1 ½ cups
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- sea salt flakes
- 5 tablespoon roasted walnut oil
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- black pepper
- 6 cups arugula
- 1 cup fresh Chilean grapes, cut into halves
- 1/3 cup toasted walnut halves
- ¼ cup red onion slices
- 1 avocado, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place sweet potato chunks on a sheet pan, toss with melted coconut oil and a pinch of sea salt. Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until tender when poked with a fork. Set aside to cool to room temp.
- While your sweet potatoes are cooling, prep the dressing by whisking together walnut oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, a pinch or two of salt, and generous grind of black pepper.
- In a large salad bowl or platter, scatter arugula, grapes, toasted walnuts, onion, avocado, and sweet potato. Drizzle on the dressing, toss to coat, season with additional salt and pepper, and serve right away.
This recipe was generously provided by our friends at Grapes from Chile. When it’s winter in Canada, it’s summer in Chile!