Fill your dinner table with tons of colour and flavours with this roasted vegetable medley with pancetta. A combination of fresh and dried herbs alongside with pancetta add a smoky herbed flavour to this sweet, roasted vegetable dish. Make this for Sunday supper or holiday dinners to treat your palate to a combination of roasted veggies!
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2 Ontario parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb (500 g) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups (750 mL) halved Brussels sprouts (about 3/4 lb)
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) crushed fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) finely chopped pancetta
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Toss parsnips, sweet potatoes with half the garlic, oil, rosemary, fennel, oregano, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes. Toss Brussels sprouts with the remaining garlic, oil, rosemary, fennel, oregano, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes. Arrange parsnips and sweet potatoes on one baking sheet and add Brussels sprouts to another baking sheet.
- Roast Brussels sprouts turning occasionally for 20 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Remove from oven and set aside. Continue to cook sweet potatoes and parsnips for an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pancetta in a small pan over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and crispy. Toss vegetables together with pancetta and basil before serving.