Pick up a rotisserie chicken and make this crave-worthy sandwich that’s sure to become a family favourite.
- For the pickled veg:
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 large Ontario grown carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 Ontario greenhouse mini cucumbers, thinly sliced or julienned
- For the mayo:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 small lime
- 1 small clove garlic, grated or pressed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- For the sandwiches:
- 1 baguette
- 2 cups shredded cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced on the bias
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Thinly sliced jalapenos (optional)
- To make the pickled veg, whisk together the vinegar, sugar and salt. Add the carrots and cucumbers and toss to combine. Let sit for at least 10 minutes before using.
- To make the mayo, place the mayonnaise in a medium bowl. Zest the lime into the bowl and add 1 tablespoon of lime juice, garlic, and basil. Stir to combine and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Slice the baguette open lengthwise. Spread the inside of the baguette with half of the mayonnaise and cut the bread into 4 equal sections.
- Add the chicken to the bowl with remaining mayonnaise and toss to combine. Divide the chicken evenly between the four sandwiches. Top with the pickled carrots and cucumber, and garnish with green onion, cilantro, and jalapeños, if using.