For a quick but easily gourmet twist on a grilled cheese sandwich, make these sandwich melts with grapes from Chile! The Applewood smoked bacon adds a slight saltiness that brings out the sweetness in juicy grapes. Brie cheese elevates the gourmet factor of this sandwich, with its richness balanced by some peppery arugula. You simply need to make this sandwich for a quick but fancy lunch!
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 12 slices Applewood smoked bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup or 60 mL) butter, unsalted, soft
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 3/4 lb. (340 g) Brie, sliced
- 1/2 lb (225 g) Chilean grapes, cut in half
- 1 ounce arugula
- To taste, salt and freshly ground pepper
- Spread butter on one sides of each of the sliced bread.
- Layer the un-buttered sides of 4 of the bread slices with equal amounts of Brie, chopped bacon, grapes and arugula.
- Top with remaining bread slices, buttered sides up.
- Cook sandwiches on a griddle until Brie has melted and the bread is golden brown on each side.
- Slice in half and serve.
This recipe is kindly provided by our featured member, Fruits from Chile!