Elevate your autumn gatherings with the comfort of this seasonally inspired, freshly baked pizza made with Pure Flavor® greenhouse grown Sangria® Medley Tomatoes. Enjoy it together with family and friends during National Family Meals Month™.
- 1 dry pint Pure Flavor® Sangria® Medley Tomatoes, halved
- 5 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 pre-made pizza dough
- 1 egg
- ½ lb ground pork sausage
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp flour
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Roll out pizza dough.
- In a pan, sauté sausage until crispy, remove, and set aside.
- In that same skillet, sauté diced sweet potatoes until browned. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium, add garlic, butter, and sage leaves, and sauté until fragrant and potatoes are fork tender.
- Stretch dough to form crust on a floured surface.
- Beat an egg with a pinch of red pepper flakes and brush onto crust edges.
- Lightly drizzle crust with olive oil.
- Sprinkle most of the shredded cheeses over the crust, followed by cooked sausage, tomatoes and diced sweet potato. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is light golden brown, and cheese is melted and bubbly.
Recipe courtesy of Pure Flavor