This scallop fettuccine and sugar snap peas is one of those dishes that looks very impressive but requires very little work! Pair your favourite dry white wine with this dinner and you have a simple yet flavourful romantic dinner that not only satisfies but also packs lots of veggies, too!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 8 oz (226 g) Fettuccine noodles
- 2 cups (500 mL) Mann's Stringless Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 lb (454 g) Sea scallops
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Carrots, thinly sliced (into matchstick sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Sour cream, nonfat
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Dry white wine
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Olive oil, or vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) Salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Black pepper, ground
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, adding Mann’s Stringless Sugar Snap Peas and carrots to water during last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside in large bowl.
- Pat scallops. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add scallops and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes, turning once. Remove scallops to plate; set aside.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Cook and stir shallot 1 minute. Add broth and wine. Bring to a boil; cook uncovered 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream, salt and pepper; whisk until smooth. Add scallops and any liquid on plate; cook until just heated through. Pour sauce and scallops over pasta and vegetables. Toss until most of sauce is absorbed.
This recipe is kindly provided by our featured member, Mann’s.