This recipe for SHEET PAN TOMATOES AND PEPPERS is offered along with the promise that you, your family, your friends and anyone else you serve it to will love it. We’re so enamoured by the results, we’re enjoying it with cheese on toast, swirled into pasta and spooned onto a bruschetta inspired appetizer. Seriously, this SHEET PAN TOMATOES AND PEPPERS recipe is amazing.
- 4 cups Ontario greenhouse tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 3 Ontario greenhouse peppers, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes, more to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 8-12 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips (chiffonade)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place all of the ingredients except the basil into a medium-sized bowl and toss together to combine.
- Spill onto a sheet pan, spreading the mixture out into an even layer.
- Transfer to oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl, add the basil and toss. Season to taste. Serve as is with bread or crackers, or enjoy in one of the ways suggested above.
Recipe by Weekend at the Cottage