This dish is perfect for the holidays or a Sunday roast chicken dinner. It’s salty and sweet combination makes for a side that everyone will enjoy. And it’s so easy to make – the hardest part is slicing the Brussels sprouts!
Photo of Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Pecans and Dried Cranberries by David Bagosy
- 4 slices of bacon, cut in ½-inch pieces
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts (about 30 to 34 sprouts), thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup chopped dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Fry bacon in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts, salt, water. Cook and stir until tender, but still crisp, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, toss with cranberries and pecans.
- Remember to take the Brussels sprouts off the heat just before you think they are done, as they’ll continue to cook while you plate and serve them.
- Pancetta or prosciutto can be substituted for bacon.