Pasta is an easy, go-to dinner for busy weekenights but don’t forget you can add lots of colour, flavour, and extra nutrition to your dinner by adding in some fresh veggies! Stringless sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes are an easy addition: simply rinse, and toss in while you’re making the sauce and you have a bite of freshness to go alone with your creamy shrimp & basil fettuccini.
- 2 cups (500 g) Mann’s Stringless Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 pound (450 g) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups (750 mL) fettuccine
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red chili flakes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) dried basil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- Cook fettuccine in large saucepan of boiling water for 8-10 minutes until al dente. Drain and return to pan.
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan on medium. Add shrimp. Cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes until opaque. Add Mann’s Sugar Snap Peas, cherry tomatoes, cream, basil, chili flakes and garlic. Cook, stirring for 1 minute until heated through.
- Toss through pasta. Season to taste and enjoy.
Per serving: Calories 870 | Calories from Fat 130 l Total Fat 15g (sat fat 3g trans 0g) l Cholesterol 155mg l Sodium 660mg l Total Carbohydrate 135g l Dietary Fiber 9g l Sugars 8g l Protein 39g l Vitamin A 35% l Vitamin C 30% l Calcium 10% l Iron 35%
This recipe was sponsored by our featured member, Mann’s!