These Shrimp Tacos with Kiwi Salsa always hit the spot no matter how many times you make them. Sweet SunGold kiwifruit makes a delightful, refreshing salsa which tastes great paired with shrimp in these tacos.
- 2 SunGold kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño, diced
- juice 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- For Salsa:
- In a bowl, combine Kiwifruit, scallions, red onion, cilantro, garlic and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze in juice of one lime. Stir to combine and set aside. In a small bowl, mash 1/2 avocado into a paste. Add nonfat Greek yogurt to create your crema. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- For Shrimp:
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Remove the tails from your shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Add shrimp to hot pan. Cook shrimp on each side for 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Create your tacos by layering avocado crema, kiwi salsa and warm shrimp. Enjoy!
- Recipe contributed to Zespri by Rachel Redmond of Sincerely Nourished.
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, Zespri Kiwifruit!