A seafood treat combines with a zesty, colourful cabbage salad. A guaranteed crowd-pleaser at the dinner table, so get ready to add this in your regular meal rotation. Tacos will never be the same!
- Red Cabbage Pepper Salad
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups sliced sweet bell pepper (red, yellow)
- 1 1/2 slice English cucumber (cut in quarters)
- 1 cup peeled and chopped fresh mango
- 1 1/2 cup chopped avocado pieces (peeled and pitted)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red or white onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, chopped (about 3 tsp)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup full-fat yogurt
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Shrimp Tacos
- 8 large jumbo shrimp
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 to 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 4 soft flour tortillas
- Make the salad by placing the cabbage, carrots, peppers, cucumber, mango and avocado in a bowl.
- To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix. Pour the dressing on the salad and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare the shrimp by ensuring they are peeled and clean. Place in a bowl. Mix the cumin, chili powder, coriander, and cayenne together and add to the shrimp. Mix. Add a pinch of sea salt (more can be added later, if needed).
- Heat the olive oil or butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the pan and sauté until they are cooked (5 to 7 minutes). Remove from the pan.
- Place a tortilla on a plate. Scoop some of the salad and place it on the tortilla and spread it evenly over the surface, leaving some space around the edge. Top with two shrimps. Roll up the tortilla. Do this for the rest of the tortillas. Serve.
Thank you to our partner Red Sun Farms for generously sharing this recipe with us.