This simple roasted Ontario asparagus is so tasty, it might become your new, favourite spring dish! Enjoy it as a side or add it other dishes, like pasta, egg recipes or even create a simple toasted sandwich – add to a base of soft cheese and top with egg. It is ready to go in about 15 minutes from start to finish too! Make it during your busy week or impress guests during a special celebratory meal.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 bunch Ontario asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- Generous sprinkling of salt, pepper and smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two baking trays with parchment for easy clean up.
- Wash and dry asparagus. Use a clean tea towel to pat dry. Remove about an inch off the bottom of the asparagus with a sharp knife or by snapping them with your hands.
- Place on baking trays in a single layer, and drizzle oil on top. Shake over salt, pepper, and smoked paprika so they are seasoned.
- Use your hands to ensure that the asparagus is covered with the oil and seasoning.
- Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on how well you like it cooked.
- Remove and serve as a side dish or add to another dish like a cheesy pasta or a toasted sandwich with soft cheese and egg.