Slow cookers seem to make the nights go smoother. Dinner is ready when you get home, which is great after a busy day. Veggie lasagna makes this night even better, packed with peppers, zucchini, spinach, mushrooms and we can’t forget about the cheese, it’s a fan favourite!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup Red Sun Farms® bell peppers, seeded, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 lb. 2% cottage cheese
- 2 cups + ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 jar (26 oz.) pasta sauce
- 8 oz. no-boil whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 large zucchini, sliced ¼-inch thick
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, peppers, onions and spinach, and cook 5 minutes, or until water evaporates.
- Mix cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and salt in mixing bowl.
- Assemble lasagna in slow cooker as follows: pasta sauce, single layer noodles, cooked vegetables, single layer zucchini and cottage cheese mixture. Repeat for another 2 layers. Sprinkle ½ cup mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cook on low 5 hours, or until noodles and zucchini are tender.
Thank you to our partner Red Sun Farms for generously sharing this recipe with us.