This smoky whisky cocktail is simple enough to make at home and fancy enough to impress your guests.
1 hr, 20 Prep Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground chipotle powder
- 12 lemons, divided
- 6 oz whisky
- 4 cups water
- Pour the maple syrup into a 9x13 casserole dish. Add the chipotle powder and whisk to combine. Cut 10 of the lemons in half and place them cut-side down in the casserole dish. Let sit for 1 hour.
- Heat a BBQ grill or cast iron griddle over high until smoking. Place the lemons on the grill cut-side-down. Grill until blistered. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Slice the remaining lemons into wheels and dip them in a little maple syrup. Add them to the grill and grill until blistered on both sides. Set them aside as well.
- Fill a large pitcher or punch bowl with ice. Add the whisky and place a fine mesh strainer over the mouth of the pitcher or bowl. Using a reamer, squeeze the juice from the lemon halves through the strainer and discard the pulp. Pour in the maple syrup from the casserole dish and stir in the water.
- Pour the finished lemonade into glasses filled with 2-3 cubes of ice. Garnish with the lemon wheels you grilled earlier and a sprig of mint. Serve immediately.
Recipe by: Susan