Wonderfully flaky and protein-packed grilled salmon on top of this snap pea and orange salad makes for a very fresh and tasty lunch!
- 1 (8 ounces) package Mann’s Sugar Snap Peas
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) orange zest
- ⅓ cup (125 mL) orange juice
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
- 2 cloves garlic, fresh, minced
- ¾ tsp (4 mL) each salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 4 (5 oz/142 g) salmon fillets, patted dry with paper towel
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced crosswise
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- Whisk together orange zest, orange juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, garlic, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes. Reserve half of the dressing; set aside. In resealable plastic bag, combine remaining dressing with salmon; refrigerate for at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- In pot of boiling salted water, blanch snap peas for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender-crisp. Refresh under cold running water; drain and pat dry with paper towel. Toss snap peas with reserved dressing; stir in oranges, radishes and red onion.
- Meanwhile preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Grill salmon for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until fish just starts to flake. Divide salad among 4 plates; top with salmon.
Calories 440 l Total Fat 24g (sat fat 3.5g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 630mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 13g, Protein 35g
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, Mann’s!