Spice up your Ontario new potatoes by making these spiced smashed new potatoes! Make it in your cast iron skillet for extra crisp, but as a bonus, cook it over a campfire for that extra smoky campfire flavour!
- 1 lb (500 g) new mini Ontario potatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 long hot chili pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) coriander seeds
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) coarse salt
- Using flat side of meat mallet, crack each potato to break the skin.
- In large shallow Dutch oven, heat oil over medium low heat. Add potatoes, parsley, chili pepper, coriander seeds and thyme. Cover and cook, stirring frequently, for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden.
- Add fresh cilantro and salt and stir to combine before serving.
This recipe was provided by the Ontario Potato Board.