This spicy roasted potato spread is a tasty side dish to spread onto baguette or eat with some rice. Easy to make and great to take along to a potluck or picnic!
- 3 Ontario Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 small cubanelle peppers, quartered
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- Half small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- In large bowl, combine potatoes, garlic, peppers and onion. Drizzle with half of the oil. Add fennel and salt and toss to combine. On large parchment paper-lined baking sheet, spread in single layer and roast in 425°F (220°C) oven 45 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Let cool slightly. Remove seeds from jalapeno pepper.
- Scrape vegetables into food processor and add vinegar and remaining oil. Pulse until slightly smooth but still chunky. Stir in coriander.
You can substitute 2 small poblano peppers for the cubanelle and jalapeno peppers.
This recipe was provided by the Ontario Potato Board.