Long, beautiful tendrils of crisp veggies tossed in a sweet and tangy dressing and topped with crunchy peanuts is sure to steal the show. Make this Spiralized Thai Cucumber Salad to be a tasty and colourful lunch that will entice your eyes and tastebuds!
- 1 Ontario Greenhouse cucumber
- 1 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 watermelon radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 tsp (20 mL) lime juice
- 4 tsp (20 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) grated fresh gingerroot
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped peanuts
- Using spiralizer, turn cucumbers into large bowl; toss with carrots, radishes, onions and cilantro. In separate bowl, whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, canola oil, vinegar, fish sauce, sesame oil, sugar, ginger and hot pepper flakes; toss with vegetables until well coated. Sprinkle with peanuts before serving.
- Serve with grilled chicken or shrimp.
- Add edamame for a boost of protein.