Wow your guests with this fun spin on a traditional salsa. Stone fruit salsa is a flavourful appetizer that fits into any occasion and can be made during the Canadian winter thanks to fruits from warmer climates like Chile.
This appetizer is full of fun flavours and adds a summertime freshness to the atmosphere of any get together. Enjoy this salsa with your favourite tortilla chips or crackers. Alternatively, it would also be nice served with chicken, fish or pork.
The best thing about this salsa recipe, is you can combine your favourite stone fruits and make it different each time! Try it in all kinds of different combinations to discover what you like best and what wins over your family and guests the most.
You can use many stone fruits like peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots and more. Its amazing the how flavourful combining these fruits together can be, and how well they pair with one and other.
Fruits From Chile
- 2 cups chopped mixed Chilean stone fruit such as peaches, nectarines, plums, pluots, and/or apricots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- pinch of sea salt to taste (use chip to taste – has a lot of salt)
- optional: 1-2 jalapeno/s finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Adjust seasoning as desired, adding a bit more salt, lime juice or jalapeno to your liking.
- If you’re serving the salsa with chips, dip one in to taste for seasoning.
- (For example: If your chips are super salty, your salsa will need less salt).
- Try serving the salsa on fish tacos or with grilled chicken breasts for a real treat!
Recipe and image source: FruitsfromChile