Lemonade is delicious in its own right, but this variation of strawberry basil lemonade takes it to a whole new level. The vibrant colour, aromatic basil and the subtly sweet taste combine to make a memorable refreshing beverage. All you need is a blender and a strainer to create this simple yet impressive colourful drink.
See how easy it is to make this strawberry basil lemonade by watching our short video recipe! Find the full written recipe below.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 4 cups (1 L) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) lemon juice – freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1 pound (454 g) California strawberries – rinsed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh basil leaves
- 1 pinch salt
- lemon slices, for garnish
- fresh California strawberries, for garnish
- fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed for just 20 seconds. If your blender is smaller, you may need to add half the water after you blend it.
- Pass through a strainer and keep refrigerated until ready for the party.
- Serve over ice with slices of lemon, strawberries and basil leaves as garnish.
This recipe was created by chef, cookbook author and restaurant owner Brian Malarkey, who also included a way to make it a cool summer cocktail. This recipe was kindly provided by California Strawberries.