Create this fast, but beautiful and delicious dessert with fresh Ontario greenhouse grown strawberries any time of the year! This recipe was originally developed by feature member DelfrescoPure using their Ontario greenhouse grown YES!Berries strawberries and was adapted by our friend Mairlyn Smith on BT Toronto! She used her healthy brownie recipe but you can use the recipe of your choice or even store bought brownies if you are pinched for time.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1½ cups Strawberries, finely diced
- 1 cup additional Strawberries, chop in half
- 12 bite-sized brownies OR 1 ½ cups crumbled brownie or chocolate cake
- ¾ cup whipped cream or plain greek yogurt (sweetened with honey or Stevia to taste)
- Prepare all ingredients and layer as follows in 12 cups (¼ to ½ cup size);
- 1 crumbled brownie or 2 tablespoons of crumbled cake, 2 tablespoons diced berries, 1 tablespoon of whipped cream and garnish of one strawberry slice.
- Serve immediately, or store chilled until ready to serve, for up to an hour.
Garnish with fresh mint if desired.
View Mairlyn’s BT Segment and get inspired!
For more information about Ontario Grown Greenhouse YES!Berries strawberries, click here!