This colourful citrusy salad is a vibrant and simple to make lunch!
- 1 package YES!Berries strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper coarsely chopped
- 1 Seedless Cucumber coarsely chopped
- 3 oranges, cut into sections
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- Place prepared strawberries, peppers, cucumbers and oranges into a serving bowl.
- Cut orange into sections and add to the mixture in the serving bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, squeeze the juice from the leftover orange peels into the mixing bowl then discard the peels.
- Next, add lemon juice and honey to the freshly squeezed orange juice and stir until the honey is dissolved.
- Pour over the mixture in the serving bowl and gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with fresh mint.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to six hours.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and serve in shallow bowls with spoons.
To sections an orange: cut a slice off the top and bottom of each orange. Using a sharp knife, work your way around the fruits to remove all the skin and pith. Place the orange in one hand and carefully cut the segments out from between the membranes.
Recipe provided by DelFresco