Strawberries and chocolate are a match made in hot cocoa heaven! Warm up on a cool Autumn night with this sweet, delicious treat.
10 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cups milk of choice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 packages chopped, frozen YES!Berries Your Everyday Snack!®
- ½ cup of white chocolate shavings
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- Whole strawberries for garnish
- Whipped Cream or marshmallows as toppings
- Combine water, milk, coconut oil, frozen strawberries and chocolate shavings/chips in a pot on medium heat.
- Stir often to ensure nothing is sticking to the bottom. Continue until the oil and chocolate have melted, and the strawberries have thawed.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Pour ingredients into a blender and pulse until the strawberries are blended (with no chunks remaining).
- Strain the liquid to remove any strawberry seeds.
- Serve the hot chocolate warm and garnish with your favorite toppings.
When the drink starts to cool, the coconut oil will begin to separate from the other ingredients. This will change the texture so be sure to serve to your guests warmed! Also, you can double the batch for more!
Recipe courtesy of DelFrescoPure