Overnight oats are the perfect solution for starting your day healthy when your mornings are too busy to cook breakfast. You can sweeten to your taste, add your favourite toppings (strawberries and chocolate chips are an excellent bet), different textures, and only takes 15 minutes (if that) to prep the night before! Make these strawberry overnight oats to reward your body for working so hard to get you from point A to point B!
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) rolled oats
- 1 container (5.3 fl oz/154 mL) vanilla flavored Greek style yogurt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) honey
- 8 strawberries, chopped and divided into two servings
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) light vanilla soy milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sliced almonds
- In a 16 oz. mason jar, add oats, yogurt, chia seeds, honey, four chopped strawberries, milk and cinnamon. Stir ingredients to combine and cover jar with a lid.
- Refrigerate oat mixture overnight or for 8 hours.
- To prepare oats, top mixture with remaining strawberries and top with sliced almonds.
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, California Strawberries.