Strawberry Rhubarb pie is a classic for late spring/early summer! Sweet strawberries are brighter with tart, tender rhubarb, making this strawberry rhubarb pie the perfect dessert to end any meal.
- 2 cups (500 mL) rhubarb, cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) strawberries, hulled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) white sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- Double crust pastry recipe (or store bought)
- Preheat oven to 450F (230C).
- Wash and prepare rhubarb and strawberries. Mix sugar, flour and egg together. Add to fruit until just combined.
- Prepare pastry or followed packaged directions on purchased pastry. Add rhubarb mixture and cover with top crust or make strips to create lattice top. Seal and flute the edge. If you use a full top, make slits on the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake on middle rack of preheated oven for 10 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350 (180) and continue baking for 45 – 50 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
You’ll need a 9 inch pie plate for this recipe.