You can’t go wrong with a one bowl recipe. This delicious strawberry ricotta loaf will surely be on repeat all throughout Ontario strawberry season.
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups sliced Ontario strawberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a loaf pan (9 x 5 or similar size).
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine the oil, sugar, eggs, ricotta, vanilla, and almond extract. Whisk to combine.
- 3. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and stir until almost mixed together.
- 4. Add the strawberries and gently mix to combine, being careful not to over-mix.
- 5. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in pan for at least 20 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe by: Christina