Sugar snap peas au gratin is a side dish that is surprisingly very simple and quick to pull together. It’s a fantastic way to encourage you and certain picky family members to eat more veggies.
Sugar Snap Peas Au Gratin Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 5 mins Total time: 15 mins Serves: 2 side servings
- 1 heaping cup Mann's Stringless Sugar Snap Peas (1 8 oz/227 g package)
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (20 mL) Flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) Celery seed, ground
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Milk
- Set oven to broil. In a small pan, melt margarine or butter. Stir in flour; blend. Remove pan from heat and stir in milk, onion powder and ground celery seed. When well mixed, return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Divide and arrange Sugar Snap Peas in bottoms of two individual baking dishes. Divide and pour sauce over the tops of the peas. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and paprika. Put 6” under broiler and broil for 4 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and top is browned.
- Microwave Directions:
- Place Sugar Snap Peas in microwave-proof casserole dish with 2 TBSP water and cover. Cook on high for 1 minute. Uncover and pour sauce over peas. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and paprika. Microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
This recipe is kindly provided by our featured member, Mann’s.