Need a colourful appetizer for your next party? Make this Sungold Kiwi Ceviche to enjoy on crackers, chips, or in lettuce wraps. Super refreshing, healthy, and delicious!
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh lime juice, divided (about 8 limes)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) peeled & mashed SunGold kiwi fruit (about 1 kiwi fruit)
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped white fish (1 pound)
- 1¼ cup (310 mL) diced red bell pepper (1 medium)
- 1¼ cup 310 mL) diced orange bell pepper (1 medium)
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced red onion (1/2 medium)
- ¾ cup (60 mL) peeled & diced SunGold kiwi fruit (3 kiwi fruit)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced jalapeno (1 medium)
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) lime juice (2 limes)
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- In a large glass or ceramic bowl (do not use metal) stir together lime juice, mashed SunGold kiwi fruit and fish.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours, stirring halfway through marinating time, until fish is opaque.
- In a medium glass or ceramic bowl stir together diced red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, red onion, SunGold kiwi fruit, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, oil, lime juice, and salt. Set aside.
- Drain the excess lime juice from the marinated fish.
- Stir together the marinated fish and the kiwi fruit vegetable mixture. Keep refrigerated or serve in a bowl over ice. Enjoy with crackers, chips, or in lettuce wraps.
- Best enjoyed within 24 hours