Need a colourful appetizer for your next party? Make this Sungold Kiwi Ceviche to enjoy on crackers, chips, or in lettuce wraps. Super refreshing, healthy, and delicious!
Meme Inge of Living Well Kitchen
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh lime juice, divided (about 8 limes)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) peeled & mashed SunGold kiwi fruit (about 1 kiwi fruit)
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped white fish (1 pound)
- 1¼ cup (310 mL) diced red bell pepper (1 medium)
- 1¼ cup 310 mL) diced orange bell pepper (1 medium)
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced red onion (1/2 medium)
- ¾ cup (60 mL) peeled & diced SunGold kiwi fruit (3 kiwi fruit)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced jalapeno (1 medium)
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) lime juice (2 limes)
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- In a large glass or ceramic bowl (do not use metal) stir together lime juice, mashed SunGold kiwi fruit and fish.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours, stirring halfway through marinating time, until fish is opaque.
- In a medium glass or ceramic bowl stir together diced red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, red onion, SunGold kiwi fruit, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, oil, lime juice, and salt. Set aside.
- Drain the excess lime juice from the marinated fish.
- Stir together the marinated fish and the kiwi fruit vegetable mixture. Keep refrigerated or serve in a bowl over ice. Enjoy with crackers, chips, or in lettuce wraps.
- Best enjoyed within 24 hours