Upgrade your traditional Waldorf salad with this recipe using kale, cabbage and Ontario grapes and pears, topped with nuts and dried fruit.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded red or green cabbage
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby kale
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ontario Coronation grapes
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) pumpkin seeds or walnut pieces
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) dried cranberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Bartlett pear
- 1 cup (250 mL) julienned carrot
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sour cream, honey, poppy seeds and lemon juice and salt. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, kale, Coronation grapes, pumpkin seeds or walnut pieces, dried cranberries, grated pear and carrot until well combined. Stir in sour cream dressing until well combined. Serve in four bowls and enjoy.
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, Ontario Tender Fruit.