For your next breakfast, make some sweet potato hash browns! It makes a perfect brunch or breakfast, especially served with an extra fried egg on top. It’s hearty and tasty and easy to multiply to serve your family. Serve with salt and pepper on the side to taste, and feel free to add your favourite herbs and spices to suit your tastes!
30 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine grated sweet potatoes, flour, egg, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
- Add oil to a non-stick frying skillet. Pour the sweet potato mixture into the skillet and spread into an even layer. Flatten with the back of a spatula.
- Cook on skillet until edges begin to brown. Cut into chunks and flip to cook the other side.
Recipe kindly provided by our featured member, Berlo’s Best.