These sweet potato muffins make a delicious sweet and savoury muffin! Make them ahead for a grab and go breakfast or after school snack that incorporates some sweet potato goodness.
- 1 cup (250 mL) sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup (250 mL) flour
- ½ cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- ¼ (60 mL) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (125 mL) milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- In a large bowl, mix together sweet potato, brown sugar, oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Mix again until smooth.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups or foil muffin tray.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until lightly brown.
This recipe was provided by our featured member, Berlo’s Best!