A strata is like a baked version of French toast, but almost better because you can make it the night before. We found this version is also delicious when you bake it right away – in case you didn’t plan ahead! SweeTango apples perfectly pair with the cinnamon and raisons.
- 2 tsp butter or margarine
- 1 SweeTango apple, skin left on. Cored and cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 slices of raison bread, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pure maple syrup for serving
- Use butter or margarine to grease 9-inch square pan. Set aside.
- Wash apple. Keep skin on but remove core and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut bread into bite sized pieces. Don’t remove the crust.
- Whisk eggs and milk in large bowl and then whisk in cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Lay the bread into prepared baking pan evenly and pour over the egg and milk mixture. Press the bread down so it is all submerged and wet.
- Sprinkle and push the apples into the mixture evenly so that every mouthful will get a bite of SweeTango!
- Bake uncovered in a pre-heated oven at 350°F for 45 minutes or until set in the middle. Alternatively, cover and keep in the fridge for up to 12 hours before baking. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Best enjoyed warm with pure maple syrup!
This recipe was provided to us by SweeTango.com