Try this versatile salsa with your favourite meat, fish or cheese! Perfect for the fall season, it is bursting with the sweetness of the SweeTango apples and the tartness from the cranberries.
Ron Bohnert of Danny’s Bar and Grill at Stoneridge Golf Club in Stillwater, Minn
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup (85 mL) SweeTango apple (medium diced with peel on)
- 1/3 cup (85 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup (85 mL) fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chardonnay
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) honey
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) jalapeño (minced, with seeds)
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small sauce pan, add vinegar, apple, cranberries and wine.
- Over medium heat, cook until the fresh cranberries burst.
- Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat.
- Best served at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Recipe appears courtesy of SweeTango.com.