Tamarillo Mango Salsa
Try something new and make this delicious, Tamarillo Mango Salsa, instead of classic tomato salsa! Add a splash of lemon or lime and a sprinkle of your favourite herbs to make it your own!
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced Tamarillo (approx 2 fruit)
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced Mango
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely diced sweet onion
- Splash of fresh lemon or lime juice, to taste
- Sprinkle of fresh, chopped herbs such as cilantro, to taste
- Salt to taste
- Wash and remove skin from tamarillo. Either peel it like an apple, scoop the flesh out of a halved fruit using a spoon. Take care to remove all of the skin and flesh immediately touching it as they taste very bitter and are not palatable.
- Dice the fruit into small or bite-sized pieces.
- Wash, peel and pit the mango. Cut into similar sized pieces to the tamarillo.
- Blend fruit and onion in a bowl, add lemon or lime juice and sprinkle with herbs.
If tart, try sweetening with honey. Enjoy with cheese, on chicken or with white fish.