A lighter and flavour packed version of coleslaw than the classic mayo-heavy slaw, this tangy Brussels sprouts slaw is a tasty way to incorporate the superfood
- 1lb (454 g) Brussels sprouts, washed, dried and trimmed
- 1 large or two small Honey Crisp apples, washed, dried and cut into wedges
- ½ cup (125 mL) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) kosher salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) fresh-ground pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 3 oz. (85 g) goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup (125 mL) toasted, slivered almonds
- Shred Brussels sprouts in a food processor fitted with slicer blade. Switch to grater blade and shred apple wedges. Place in medium bowl.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, lemon, salt, pepper, and cayenne in mason jar with tight-fitting lid. Shake to emulsify and add to bowl. Toss sprout and apple shreds with dressing until evenly coated. Add goat cheese and almonds and continue to toss until goat cheese crumbles start to soften to create a slightly creamy texture.
Recipe kindly provided by our featured member Queen Victoria Produce.